Sunday, August 28, 2011

Dalton McGuinty, You Magnificent Bastard: Part III

 I do a "Dalton McGuinty: You Magnificent Bastard" post whenever Dalton unveils a policy I think is  maudlin, stupid, chintzy, cheesy, or entirely unrealizable--but also a honkin' huge vote getter.  His plan to reinstate the house call, to spend more taxpayers' money coddling greedy geezers, is one such policy. 

On the other hand, this week Tim Hudak went before the AMO (Association of Municipalities of Ontario) and told them that, if elected, he was going to download $500,000,000 worth of costs onto them!  Every mayor in the land was there, and they all went home and told their local newspapers that property taxes would go up under a Hudak government.  That's like scoring a three-pointer in basketball...on your own team.

We also recently found out that Tim Hudak used to get small with MaryJane back in University.  But given these other events my theory is that he's still puffing, and that Liberal War Roomer Kinsella is his supply, and that Warren's cutting it with something harsh and dissonant. 

3 comments:

Peter said...

If McGuinty pulls this off, I know that on the first house call to my home, I'm going to make the doctor wait four hours in the family room before I come down.

Shiner said...

If McGuinty pulls this off, I know that on the first house call to my home, I'm going to make the doctor wait four hours in the family room before I come down.

Also, periodically leave the doctor to go do random things around the house, or, better yet, see the other doctor who is waiting for you in the basement.

Peter said...

And maybe I'll respond to everything the doctor says by telling him he needs to take another test to substantiate the medical basis of his diagnosis before I can confirm I will follow the advice.